Step up your team engagement with these fun team trivia questions & answers to bond with your team.
Besides being entertaining, team trivia games make for an awesome team building activity. It’s one of the best ways to connect with your team.
Enjoy some laughs together. Make people wrack their brains. Encourage your teammates to rely on each other’s knowledge to get the answers right!
Whether a team member is a cultural history buff or a movie geek, trivia nights can be exciting. It helps everyone take a break from the stressful workday.
Virtual trivia is more inclusive for remote teams. It brings everyone online together without much preparation needed.
It also works as a great icebreaker for new virtual team members. Improve your team collaboration and problem-solving skills through a trivia quiz.
It’s easier said than done to come up with the right set of trivia questions and answers. To help you plan, we’ve compiled a comprehensive list of trivia questions. Play your next team game with this set of trivia questions and answers.
Table of Contents
Categories for Team Trivia Questions & Answers
If you play trivia often, you’ll learn a lot about the world.
What we like most about this game show is there’s always a theme that everyone can relate to. Below, you’ll find a variety of questions and answers, each with a matching correct answer among the multiple-choice options.
General Knowledge Trivia: These quiz questions will test your general knowledge. A fun and easy way to start your game night!
World History Trivia: How much do you know about world history? Tackle these trivia questions from around the globe.
Pop Music Trivia: This trivia will test your knowledge of pop music & artists.
Nature & Animals Trivia: This trivia is great for nature lovers. Learn new fascinating, flex your knowledge of the animal kingdom and have fun.
Business Trivia: How familiar is your team with prominent business figures and brands? Put it to the test with this trivia.
Art & Culture Trivia: The realm of art and culture is full of fascinating tidbits and oddities. If you’re searching for a fun game to play with your coworkers, this is the one.
Movies Trivia: Designed to entertain the whole team, movie trivia is almost as fun as a trip to the cinema.
Sports Trivia: How well do you know the nuances of sports? Take this fun trivia to test your sports knowledge for team building.
World Geography Trivia: In the world of quizzes, world geography is a classic topic. Challenge your team with this set of geography trivia questions.
Fun Team Building Trivia Questions
General Knowledge Trivia Questions
- Which brand of soup features in one of Andy Warhol’s most famous pop art pieces? A. Heinz B. Campbell’s C. Baxters D. Knorr
- We can’t drink ocean water because it causes A. Dehydration B. Allergy C. Diabetes D. Sweat
- Why are French, Spanish and Italian called Romance languages? A. They sound romantic. B. They were spread by those who roam. C. They are only spoken by the Roman D. They have roots in Latin, which was spoken by Romans.
- What other country, besides the US, uses the US dollar as its official currency? A. Canada B. Mexico C. Ecuador D. United Kingdom
- How many colors are in the rainbow? A. Six B. Five C. Eight D. Seven
- Ancient Egyptian houses were built using which one of these materials? A. Mud B. Wood C. Brick D. Bamboo
- Where was the mojito cocktail created? A. Cuba B. Spain C. Peru D. Mexico
- What is the average weight of the human brain? A. 14 kilos B. 14 grams C. 4 kilos D. 41 grams
- Which planet is the hottest in the solar system? A. Mercury B. Venus C. Saturn D. Mars
- What is the rarest blood type? A. O+ B. A- C. B+ D. AB-
World History Trivia Questions
- How many U.S. presidents have been assassinated? A. Four B. Five C. Three D. Six
- Who was the first woman in space? A. Sally Ride B. Valentina Tereshkova C. Christina Koch D. Peggy Whitson
- What is the name of the first human civilization? A. Babilonia B. The Indus Valley C. Egypt D. Mesopotamia
- In which year was the Berlin Wall torn down? A. 1948 B. 1938 C. 1958 D. 1928
- What group of people discovered Greenland? A. The Scandinavians B. The Normans C. The Vikings D. The Mayans
- Which Asian country invented fireworks? A. Myanmar B. China C. Thailand D. Indonesia
- Where is the birthplace of Buddhism? A. Thailand B. Vietnam C. India D. China
- The ancient Mayan civilization existed in which modern-day country? A. Peru B. Mexico C. Brazil D. Guatemala
- When was the internet invented? A. 1983 B. 1993 C. 1973 D. 1963
- Who won the Nobel Peace prize in 1964? A. Mahatma Gandhi B. Malcolm X C. Martin Luther King Jr D. Malala
Pop Music Trivia Questions
- Who is considered the “King of Pop”? A. Elton John B. Michael Jackson C. Justin Bieber D. Barry Manilow
- ‘I got sunshine on a cloudy day’ is the opening line to which Temptations song? A. My Girl B. Just My Imagination C. Treat Her Like a Lady D. Beauty is Only Skin Deep
- Which Beach Boys song did David Bowie cover? A. Wouldn’t it be nice B. Don’t Worry Baby C. God Only Knows D. Heroes
- In which decade was Madonna born? A. The 1940s B. The 1960s C. The 1970s D. The 1950s
- Bjork was lead singer of what Icelandic band before pursuing a solo career? A. Kukl B. The Sugarcubes C. Cocteau Twins D. The Elgar Sisters
- The 2001 Grammy Award for Best New Artist was won by whom? A. Sam Smith B. Amy Winehouse C. Meghan Trainor D. Alessia Cara
- Which Beatles’ song ends with a chord played on three different pianos and a harmonium? A. A Day in the Life B. Yesterday C. Something D. Black Bird
- What band was Harry Styles in before One Direction? A. Blue Moon B. No Doubt C. White Eskimo D. Poolside
- Before Miley Cyrus recorded “Wrecking Ball,” the song was offered to which singer? A. Mariah Carey B. Beyoncé C. Rihanna D. Kelly Clarkson
- In the music video for which song does Billie Eilish cry black tears? A. Bad Guy B. Goodbye C. When the Party’s Over D. Ocean Eyes
Nature & Animals Trivia Questions
- In which country was the largest known T-Rex skeleton found? A. China B. New Zealand C. Canada D. India
- Which animal is known to have the most powerful bite in the world? A. Lion B. Hippopotamus C. Spider D. Snakes
- Which layer protects the Earth from the Sun’s harmful ultraviolet radiation? A. Stratosphere B. Mesosphere C. Thermosphere D. Exosphere
- A dog sweats through which part of its body? A. Ears B. Fur C. Paws D. Tails
- Which plant has no leaves and roots and eats only the plant sap where it parasitizes? A. Orchid B. Rafflesia C. Eyebright D. Dodder
- Which animal makes the loudest sounds that can be heard over 800 kilometers? A. Blue whale B. Back-headed gull C. Elephant D. Giraffe
- How can the age of a tree be determined? A. By its height in meters B. By the number of their leaves C. By the number of the annual rings D. By the number of branches extending from the trunk
- Which insect can fly forward, backward and sideways? A. Dragonfly B. Grasshopper C. Honey Bees D. Ladybug
- How tall is a baby giraffe at birth? A. 3 feet B. 4 feet C. 5 feet D. 6 feet
- How far away can a wolf smell its prey? A. Almost one mile B. Almost two miles C. Almost three miles D. Almost four miles
Sports Trivia Questions
- The Olympics are held every how many years? A. 2 Years B. 3 Years C. 4 Years D. 5 Years
- What sport is best known as the ‘king of sports’? A. Basketball B. Soccer C. Tennis D. Golf
- How many medals did China win at the 2008 Beijing Olympics? A. 70 B. 80 C. 90 D. 100
- What color are the goalposts in football? A. Blue B. Red C. Yellow D. Green
- What sport is a lot like softball? A. Gold B. Football C. Basketball D. Baseball
- What type of race is the Tour de France? A. Swimming Race B. Bicycle Race C. Running Race D. Horse Race
- How long is a marathon? A. 26.2 miles B. 26.3 miles C. 26.4 miles D. 26.5 miles
- How many players are on a baseball team? A. 6 players B. 7 players C. 8 players D. 9 players
- How old was Tiger Woods when he won the Masters? A. 20 B. 21 C. 22 D. 23
- In which winter sport are the terms “stale fish” and “mule kick” used? A. Skiing B. Ice Skating C. Snowboarding D. Snowmobiling
Business Trivia Questions
- Who is the richest investor in the world? A. Elon Musk B. Donald Trump C. Peter Lynch D. Warren Buffett
- In what year did Steve Jobs die? A. 2011 B. 2012 C. 2013 D. 2014
- Who is the CEO of Google? A. Larry Page B. Satya Nadella C. Eric Schmidt D. Sundar Pichai
- What is the slogan of Apple Inc.? A. Be What’s Next B. Think Different C. Do What You Can’t D. Make. Believe
- What is the most profitable company in the world? A. Amazon B. Microsoft C. Apple D. Tesla
- How many items does Nike sell per year? A. 800 million B. 700 million C. 500 million D. 900 million
- What is the biggest company in the food industry? A. PepsiCo, Inc. B. Nestle C. The Coca Cola Company D. Kraft Heinz
- What is the most recognizable brand logo? A. Apple B. Starbucks C. Airbnb D. McDonald’s
- What is the most profitable investment of the last decade? A. Netflix B. Ethereum C. Bitcoin D. GameStop
- Bill Gates is the founder of which company? A. Google B. Apple C. Tesla D. Microsoft
Movies Trivia Questions
- Who did Anne Hathaway play in Les Misérables? A. Éponine B. Fantine C. Cosette D. Madame Thénardier
- The code in The Matrix comes from what food recipes? A. Sushi recipes B. Dumpling recipes C. Stir-fry recipes D. Pad thai recipes
- Where were The Lord of the Rings movies filmed? A. Ireland B. Iceland C. New Zealand D. Australia
- Which famous Pulp Fiction scene was filmed backward? A. Vincent and Mia’s dance scene B. Mia’s overdose scene C. The royale with cheese scene D. The Ezekiel 25:17 scene
- What item is in every Fight Club scene? A. A Coca-Cola can B. A Starbucks cup C. A Dunkin’ donut D. A Pepsi bottle
- Which movie was not directed by Tim Burton? A. Snow White B. Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure C. Corpse Bride D. Big Fish
- What object was Toy Story’s Woody originally? A. A ventriloquist dummy B. A puppet C. A clown doll D. A nesting doll
- What is the name of the character introduced by Paramount through a 1945 theatrical short cartoon titled “The Friendly Ghost”? A. Slimer B. Dixie C. Beetlejuice D. Casper
- The 1968 film “2001: A Space Odyssey” follows a voyage to what planet? A. Mars B. Jupiter C. Saturn D. Neptune
- Which is the highest grossing Harry Potter film? A. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 B. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince C. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 D. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
Art & Culture Trivia Questions
- Who painted the mural of “The Last Supper”? A. Pablo Picasso B. Leonardo da Vinci C. Andy Warhol D. Basquiat
- Which artist famously cut off his own ear? A. Vincent Van Gogh B. Claude Monet C. Salvador Dalí D. Pablo Picasso
- What was the subject of the earliest known paintings? A. Mountain B. River C. Flowers D. Animals
- With what painter did Jean-Michel Basquiat collaborate? A. Ren Hang B. Andy Warhol C. Keith Haring D. Jean Julien
- Which artist is best known for her large-scale paintings of poppies? A. Anna Valdez B. Basquiat C. Picasso D. Georgia O’Keeffe
- What is the name of the painting style Picasso and Braque invented after Picasso moved to Paris? A. Modernism B. Abstract C. Cubism D. Post-Impressionism
- How many foot positions are there in ballet? A. 4 B. 5 C. 6 D. 7
- Futurism originated in Italy, but it had a particularly strong influence in what other country? A. France B. Spain C. India D. Russia
- What is the name for a traditional Argentine music and dance? A. Bharatnatyam B. Highland Dance C. Tango D. Kecak Dance
- Which Norse god was called the Raven God? A. Baldr B. Odin C. Freya D. Loki
Famous Personalities Trivia Questions
- In October of 2004, Barack Obama stated that he was against which of the following? A. Universal Healthcare B. Alternative Energy C. Education Vouchers D. Veteran Rights
- How old was Elon Musk when he started learning computer programming? A. 8 B. 9 C. 10 D. 11
- Who is the well-known English mathematician and scientist that became famous for his law of gravitation? A. Albert Einstein B. Marie Curie C. Stephen Hawking D. Isaac Newton
- What actor is from Hong Kong, has been compared to Bruce Lee, and has made 40 films since 1976? A. Stephen Chow B. Jackie Chan C. Anthony Wong D. Andy Lau
- Which US President went to the same London university as Mick Jagger? A. John F Kennedy B. Barack Obama C. Joe Biden D. George W. Bush
- Who became chief designer at Givenchy in 1996? A. John Galliano B. Viviene Westwood C. Alexander McQueen D. Martin Margiela
- Which UK city is Banksy from? A. Coventry B. Bristol C. Derby D. Lancaster
- A British prime minister was elected to Parliament in 1959. Before becoming a Member of Parliament, that individual worked as a research chemist in industry. Who is it, exactly? A. Nicola Sturgeon B. Boris Johnson C. Margaret Thatcher D. Fiona Hill
- Who is a navigator from Italy who begged both the king and queen of Spain to give him a ship and discovered America in 1492? A. Marco Polo B. Henry the Navigator C. Amerigo Vespucci D. Christopher Colombus
- A deaf and blind American female writer wrote “The Story of My Life,” “Let Us Have Faith,” and “Out of the Dark”. What is her name? A. Bernard Morin B. Helen Keller C. Riddhi Singhania D. Malala Yousafzai
World Geography Trivia Questions
- What is the only sea without any coasts? A. Mediterranean Sea B. Adriatic Sea C. Celebes Sea D. Sargasso Sea
- What is the driest place on Earth? A. Sahara Desert B. Atacama Desert C. McMurdo, Antarctica D. Kufra, Libya
- What country is known to have the best quality tap water? A. France B. Switzerland C. Germany D. Austria
- What is the oldest city in the world? A. Damascus B. Athens C. Jerusalem D. Tel Aviv
- Riyadh is the capital of what Middle-Eastern country? A. Yemen B. Iraq C. Saudi Arabia D. Syria
- What is the smallest independent country on Earth? A. Grenada B. Nauru C. Monaco D. Vatican City
- What mountain is closest to the Moon? A. Mount Everest B. Mount Chimborazo C. Nanga Parbat D. Mount Pandim
- What is the largest country in the world in terms of land area? A. China B. Canada C. United States D. Russia
- What mountains comprise a portion of the historical boundary between Europe and Asia? A. Ural Mountains B. Himalayas C. Andes D. Appalachian Mountains
- Who named the Pacific Ocean? A. Ferdinand Magellan B. Christoper Colombus C. Charles Darwin D. James Cook
How To Host Team Trivia Games
Some may consider trivia quizzes as lighthearted entertainment. But we know they’re much more than that. Take a pause, relax, and work together with a little friendly competition to find out who knows the most.
Trivia nights with coworkers can be a lot of fun. This is even more so when there are a variety of different quiz topics to choose from. It’s possible to warm up the audience. Break the ice between quizzes by incorporating games, puzzles, gimmicks, and activities.
Everyone appreciates healthy competition. But keep in mind that team building activities are designed to be enjoyable.
Setting up a trivia game is simple and quick. In most circumstances, trivia games can be initiated with few resources. To play trivia, you need to:
- Determine the format in which the game will be played. Pen and paper, tablet/smartphone-based, and hybrids are popular forms.
- Prepare a list of trivia questions to play with. Choose a varied assortment to keep each round interesting and to assure accuracy.
- Appoint a host. They will maintain the game’s pace, announce questions, keep score & ensure that everyone has an opportunity to respond.
- Divide everyone into groups. How many people per team is up to you.
- When a team or player answers correctly, they earn a point.
- The team that wins the most points wins the game!
Hopefully, you’ve found these ideas inspiring and that you’ll use some of these team trivia questions & answers to spice up your virtual team building sessions.